Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Life as a Closet Trainspotter

Commuter-train competent (P som i pendeltågskompetent), that's apparently a way to describe me. *Thanks, Anne* It kind of has an appealing ring to it, don't you think? It might even be a most pleasant epithet to add to the CV. Since it possibly stands for environmental consciousness, being unchained from strange phobias that has to do with people, lots of people, rush hours and crowds, pretty flexible and being able to making the most of the time, delays or no delays.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I can be waken up in the middle of the night and being able to give an account of the c-train timetable, but surprisingly often I do get all sorts of interesting details right when it comes to timetables, which train carriage being the most suitable for getting off at a certain station and so forth - at least on the northwest side of Stockholm. Come to think of it, it's really the same thing with the subway...

This is rather strange, not to say very odd, can it actually possibly be that I'm a closet trainspotter...? This is really most disturbing, am I deep inside one of the truly weird nerds, not just the average cat nerd, but a truly distinguished oddball? And have I just decloset my oddball self in blogging public? Does this mean I have to wear the no 1 most nerdy yokel attribute imaginable, a peaked cap? Is my life as I know it over, or is it possible to get back in the closet with all that c-competence?

070818 022

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...