Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Seventh Seal

070804 305
One of the most revered theatre- and movie directors in the world passed away last week, at an old age. I gather he's one of the things people associate with Sweden - and the Swedes. Only by mentioning his name one can apparently make people swoon and fly into rapture.

I'm far from one of those - in my world he's a hype. With few exceptions. Or perhaps I wasn't in the right mood when watching his movies and plays - though I doubt I'll ever be...

But since my brother-in-law once upon a time, many years ago, was part of the team who refurbished this man of many awes' apartment, and swears he and his fellow workers went all electrified, elevated and became so much better at their work - when the director in question told them where he wanted his toilet placed.

So maybe, just maybe, I should rewatch his movies, and discover some new ones, so I too can perhaps be a part of the rapturing party of admirers - but for now, the only thing I really admire about his deeds is how on earth did he get the filmcrew down to those rather inaccessible parts down by the sea at Hovs Hallar? Such a bold and daring touch.
070804 320
070804 319

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...