Thursday, August 09, 2007

Qlara & the Purple Shoes

070807 024

As some might recall, spending a lot of money on shoes - as opposed to handbags - aren't on my top 10 list of enjoyable things to do. But I'm all for buying them when they're on sale... Oh yes.

These last years I've definitely put comfort before high heels when buying shoes. Well, I've never been into high heels really, since I generally want to get to my destination the fast way and not strolling there in a leisurely way. A fast pace is my melody - or is it the irresistable pulse of the city?

And oh my is it laughable with women who can't walk in high heels but rather waddle their way forward - what were they thinking when buying them, and why don't they practice the art of walking in high heels at home, before hitting the streets...?

I don't want to be a waddler, so I restrict my wear of high heels to special occasions. The high heels I have left in my wardrobe that is. Which sort of can be counted on far less than all the fingers on one hand.

I've never had any issues with being tall (1.79) and wearing high heels, I've always found it an advantage in every way - except when in grammar school being very tall compared to most of my classmates, I guess. And high heels giving an extra Amazonian edge to it, which can be kind of fun now and then.

Wearing seemingly comfortable shoes with no heels are really not very good for the feet or the legs in the long run. The ideal height, for the feet and body well-being, of a heel is something like 3-5 cm - so I try too look for shoes with some heels to them, rather than these lovely flat-fast-walking-shoes I so have come to cherish wearing.

Which for some reason turns out to be somewhat of a challenge - I want a shoe in a certain style, definitely no wedges, which are sort of my favourite shoe-hate-object, I love little quaint details - like on many Camper shoes - and I don't want shoes to be too peaky, too narrow, too delicate.

There's just too much of 80ies fashion and shoes in the stores now. Really, really don't like that - as opposed to the best music being done back then - been there, done that, it was ugly then and it sure hasn't improved since.

I'm not picky, I'm discerning. I like that word, discerning. Must use that more often. What a perfect way to describe any dislikings.

Anyway, anyhow. Super sales, really super sales, not only the signs in the shops screaming that, but also the price tags, were on in Denmark. And since one of my favourite clothing brands are Danish NoaNoa - which can sort of be found everywhere in Denmark, and with a much wider assortment of clothes, shoes and accessories than in the one and only, tiny, shop in Stockholm - I spent quite a bit of time browsing through those shops. *Which made M so very happy*

I did find some really lovely pieces - that I absolutely, definitely needed. Of course - and the prices were just so silly low, that I've just made a vow not to buy anything, anymore, if it isn't on sale. At least not at NoaNoa. If I'm not in desperate need of something. Which is quite possible now and then. Sort of.

The right size and colour might sell out. The right music might be playing while I try something on, which is a sure sign of a must-investment in that particular garment. I might want to celebrate something. I might get something as a gift. The weather makes it impossible not to buy something to enliven the outfit, enliven the day. The mood calls for a particular colour. The list for buying something which is not on sale is endless. Really.

But other than that, I'll never buy anything other than to reduced prices. Reduced sale prices. Solemn vow. Indeed.

Back to the sales at hand. Shoes. I did find a pair of purple suede shoes that looked quite lovely. Sort of 40ies in style, moderately high heeled. Felt good when tried on. Nice price. Did buy. Happy go lucky.

The only thing now is to figure out when exactly to wear these lovely purple shoes. I can see them giving the finishing touch to almost any outfit. But I can't see myself roaming around the streets of Stockholm in my usual pace, doing my usual deeds in these shoes. And I can't see myself walking the loaf doggie in the woods wearing them.

Probably more of indoor shoes, but I can't picture myself potter about at home, cleaning the litter boxes, vacuuming, dusting while pitter-patter in these shoes. And at the moment I don't have any office space to brighten, with a pair of really lovely purple shoes on.

And still, they scream to be worn. And I've just had the most wonderful, well-deserved pedicure and now my feet scream purple shoes on. This equation must be solved.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Full of admiration for you! I too am 179cm but shy away from heels unless it's a very very special occasion!

Unknown said...

Gasp! I love these shoes!! Those are absolutely fantastic! As for where to wear them; goodness, those are so gorgeous I'd wear them to the grocery store! :o)

xox

Pia K said...

Go ahead, Wendy, just try it once without it being a "special occasion"...:)

Ha, ha, thanks, heidikins, I'll begin by wearing them to the mailbox I think, that's probably just about the length of the walk I'll manage at first...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...