Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 Things About My Day (meme)

I was tagged by holler, at Tinned Tomatoes, the other day. An 8 things meme about my day - so here goes;

1. I began reading a new book - though I shouldn't... - Priset vatten i Finistère/The price of water in Finistère by Swedish writer Bodil Malmsten. Just because I wanted something that would, hopefully, give me nice and peaceful dreams at night instead of keeping me occupied with solving murder mysteries in my sleep.

2. Mr Hedgehog made funny faces at the fence being disgruntled about the fact that there was no food on his plate. I've never seen a hedgehog looking so very obvious malcontent - he got quite a bit of food, but he still didn't want to pose... Talk about a one-way relationship.
070710 020
3. I went with the public transportation system to the other side of town - it took about 1 hr 45 min incl walks - where we had lunch at lovely little café/restaurant Koloni - unfortunately the food was anything but lovely... The salads very average in taste and ingredients, the pannacotta with marinated rhubarb I had for dessert must have been a joke. How else can one explain a pannacotta being all runny and the rhubarb practically raw...?
070710 027
What bugs me about the place is that once upon a time there was a really good café there, called Format. But they just somehow evaporated from the face of the earth. Replaced by Koloni. And this isn't the first time I've had a bad food experience there. I really don't care if the ingredients are good, the food looks good, the staff is friendly, when the taste of it all is so very mediocre *and now I'm being nice* Will probably not return. Most certainly don't recommend a visit.

But I did get a tin of Kusmi tea with the St Petersburg flavour, I've been looking for that for some time now, and now I finally found it. And the walks we had plus the surroundings there are just so beautiful and peaceful, it sort of, perhaps, a little, made up for the lack of decent food...
070710 024
4. I popped by Gudrun Sjöden - which can best be described as the store for middle aged women who wants to be a bit crazy and frivolous in their choice of clothes and accessories *just so me* - on my way home, to have a look at shoes on sale. The shoes on offer weren't exactly what I was looking for.

But I did find a pair of nice red sandals - however the price wasn't what I'd call a good sales-price. At all. It would have been one thing if I knew the shoes were good quality ones, but I've never bought any shoes there. So I didn't get any. But they did look good... And were very nice in colour...

5. Finally I did get the much anticipated book package, with eight lovely new books - more about that later. Just what I needed... To build another pile of books that I'm going to read. One of these days.
070710 033
6. For dinner I made a wild rice & quorn salad. It turned out rather nice, will make again.

Bonus information of the day: I think my answering machine is broke. So very annoying. To buy a new one doesn't top my priority list.

The meme has been around for a while, so I've chosen to tag the following four ones - I won't be offended if you don't want to participate, for whatever reason... But I'd be honoured and it would be lovely if you did! ; heidikins, Sher, onemorehandbag and Astrid.

And here are the rules:
1. Tell us eight things about your day.
2. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight, or like me less, people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...