Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What to eat

070526 075
I should be making some kind of late lunch/dinner now, but I just can't seem to find any inspiration for it. And I'm hungry NOW. Give me some food! So it looks like it'll be something that can be pretty quickly prepared and eaten, like toast with boiled eggs (omitting the yolk, that'll be appreciated by cats and dog instead) and heaps of grated carrots...

Even though right now I'm so hungry even boiling eggs, toast the bread and grate the carrots are tasks as insurmountable as climbing *I'd imagine* Kilimanjaro. So what am I doing writing this entry...

*Eggs are boiling*

Since today's dinner won't be first degree culinary art, I might do as a friend of mine used to do when she didn't have the inclination or time to cook something special. She ate oatmeal porridge and browsed through cookbooks and thought about how mouth-watering good everything looked, thus making the porridge taste better...

But instead of browsing through cookbooks I'll look at pictures of and remember the taste of some really lovely food I've had at friends lately -

like the quornfilets in chanterelle stew above...
070526 067
served with grilled new potatoes and root vegetables...

For dessert a sticky choclate cake from the nearby bakery, which looked a bit homemade in a very endearing way. Soo goood...
070526 012

And that creamy veggie pie...
070603 002
with avocado, fresh mushrooms, paprika and zucchini...

...was followed by an equally good pie for dessert later.
070603 009
Crunchy rhubarb with a hint of toffee...

I'm slowly getting there. I swear I'll sense every taste-sensation from those times when I in about 10 minutes are munching on that toast, boiled eggs no yolk and carrots...

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...