Saturday, June 30, 2007

Being Modest With the Spending-pot


The summer sales are on again. And there really is something strangely fascinating and alluring with making bargains, even a mere 30% sale - even if it's rather questionable if that should be consider being on sale or not... - can make a person go all starry-eyed and proud of being such an economizer.

Because really, by buying to a reduced prize you're actually saving and thereby adding money to the spending-pot. Plus the fact that sometimes the prices are so reduced it would actually be considered a crime not to buy.

Having said that, I must admit that I for a number of various reasons haven't been all starry-eyed over this year's sales; rather boring things on offer, not much of a sale percentage wise, being very practical and mature, realising I actually don't really sort of need anything, must save money for other expenses, having had other things on my mind...
So, I guess, the things I did buy on summer sales I really, badly needed to keep up a flawless appearance *allow me some moments to get the jocular face expression back to normal* - and guess what, I can actually count them on my ten fingers, less than ten fingers even!
In the pic above you can see the three pieces of clothing - I've no idea how come the shirt and the skirt looks like they're forming a denomination uniform. They're bought in completely different shops and I do promise I'll never ever show myself on the streets wearing them together -
* olive/khaki linen skirt, Gudrun Sjödén - a Swedish brand sort of considered to be made for uproarious, middle aged women who want to be a bit "crazy and adventurous" in style. Or at least considered that amongst my friends... But sometimes one do find really nice items, both in style, colour and material there.
* olive/khaki seersucker cotton shirt with embroideries, Nolita (bought at Salta Stänk/Salty Dash)
* blue/white dotted knitted cotton jacket, Bric-A-Brac
I'm not very impressed by the summer sales at prestigious department-store NK (Nordiska Kompaniet/Nordic Company) either - except at the cosmetics department. There you can make real bargains in top brands. Products you might not know that you need until you lay eyes on them, but still very much must-haves once you've spotted them.
When one don't find the things one's looking for at a reasonable sale price, it sort of becomes a sport not to buy. At least for me. I get really picky. Just like when I'm really hungry, the hungrier, the pickier. Oxymoron situation.
So home with me came a mere three items of scent and beauty;
* Kanebo milky soap - super price, perfect since my current facial washes soon will be nothing but memories...
* Escada Pacific Paradise EdT - love these summery, flowery, candy, holidayic scents!
* Clarins multi-blush tender raspberry - yes I do fancy a bit of raspberry even in my beauty regime! And I they're so perfect these little 3-in-1 products...
I think I've spent the money wisely and did get some nice things for them, what do you think? Have you had a look around at the summer sales? Have you found anything worth spending your money on? Or are you not the least bit interested in shopping? Feel free to share.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...