Saturday, May 19, 2007

Spork & design

When I bought this little ingenious thing - pink of course! - at Designtorget (The Design Square) I had actually no idea that the spork was such an old invention. Every day is a learning day.

There are apparently different fanclubs, for example The slighly less than official spork page, and you can perhaps get your fervent spork-questions answered at The Spork FAQ.
The spork I bought - and who always travels in the vanity bag - is a Swedish designed one, which goes by the name Light my fire.
At Designtorget you can find some really nice, inventive and sometimes so useful items you really don't know how you once could manage without them. A great place to find gifts for yourself or for others. And definately for those others who seem to have almost everything imaginable already!
I'm not really impressed my Designtorget's website though.
And not always their ability to chose the right mix of products for the shops.
And most definately not their consignment agreements, which is the way they always sell the different designer-stuff. If you don't have a design that's easily massproduced at low costs, well then this isn't the place for you since they take a whooping 45-55% in commission fee...
But the spork I like, a lot, and yes, it is a fantastic place for finding presents that don't come thirteen to the dozen.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Sporks! Graham (my fiance) has a strange fascination with sporks, don't ask me why, it is very odd! But, they do make him laugh. So I showed him the post and it made him smile alot.

Pia K said...

Ah, nice to have a name on one of the sporks-fans of the world...:)

Unknown said...

Haha! This is fantastic! I had no idea they were so old though! 1800's huh, kinda fancy! :)

xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...