Friday, May 04, 2007

Red dots in various shapes and forms

Today I was meeting up with Anne for a look at c/o Stockholm which is closing this summer and now has everything on sale (red dot one).

c/o Stockholm is one of the few places in Stockholm that carries the more special and sought after/unusual brands of cosmetics as well as some fashion items. Apparently they're closing down due to the owners moving abroad.

But we can't help but thinking that the fact that the shop's staff in general is completely rude as well as ignorant about brands and products can have something to do with the closing down due to sale figures not being as good as they ought to be... Perhaps.

Anyway, red dot two in the shape of an accident at a c-train station led to serious traffic-delays - and as usual when something more or less unexpected occurs, that utterly lousy information from SL (Stockholms Lokaltrafik = Stockholm's Localtraffic, the company mainly responsible for the public transportation system) concerning substitute buses etc. So in the end what should have taken 25 minutes took about two hours...

When these things happen I try to think that everything happens for a reason - and at c/o Stockholm it was apparently an assault of people, only boring, regular things on proper sale so we decided to meet up at Vetekatten for afternoon tea instead. And after having gone through that ordeal of getting myself into the city centre I more than deserved some cream tea!

The afternoon tea at Vetekatten (translates The Wheat Cat, such a sweet name!) - a classic among Stockholm's cafés! - is worth every penny, or more correctly Swedish crown I suppose, of the price 80 SEK. Uncomplicated, tasty and eat-all-you-want buffet accompanied by a pot of the tea of your choice. Red dot three and four, red dots in this case being such a pleasant way of getting some much needed food into a very hungry tummy and having good company doing it!

After having fortified ourselves with that we did some browsing through shops - said hallo to perhaps some future family members at Mulberry - red dot five as in longing very much -, treated myself to a really nice lipgloss from Laura Mercier (colour black orchid) - definately red dot, very dark, six - and did one of those rare visits to a - it really blemishes my reputation... - high street store, H&M of all places.

And to my astonishment, if one tries to overlook all those horrible items both in material, craftmanship and models, there actually are some nice things to be found. And home came two tunics/dresses in unbelievably smooth and comfy jersey plus a pair of equally comfy sweatpants. I didn't try them on in the shop but one of the tunics was actually so flattering in fit that I'll probably sneak in to a shop one of these days - wearing big, dark sunglasses - and get one more in another colour. (Here we have several red dots both in embarrassing blush to be seen in such a store as well as a getting a great flush from finding these bargains!)

Or with such a price, perhaps even splash out and get two... Such a behaviour, the mind boggles! And Elvira, the South African travelcompanion and much loved handbag, bulges - since, if possible, I for reputation's sake don't want to be seen with a shopping bag from such a store... I bet you now wonder if I am such a snob for real or not - just keep on wondering...

And when I came home I met several new red dots in the shape of ClustrMap ones *I really can't seem to get past my first impression of how fun it is!* - and if I'm not horribly mistaking I now see new ones in South America - Argentina - first one in South Africa - Joburg? - and north Norway. Welcome, welcome to my world you and everyone else-whose-country-of-origin-I-can't-seem-to-figure-out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely afternoon! (minus the horrible traffic, of course) I am getting to the point where I really need a relaxing afternoon of shopping and cafe's... maybe I can try and fit it in this week.

Love your ClustrMap obsession! I am the same way!

Pia K said...

Yes it was indeed, everything sort of turned up roses in the end one might say:)

Yes, go ahead, treat yourself to a nice day with shopping and cafes! And why not some sort of relaxing treatment, like pedicure? That's one thing I miss not having in Sweden, those neat little pedicure/manicure places in the malls where you can relax a bit at an reasonable price...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...