Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Birds

When the days pretty much revolves around job-applications - I swear I'll soon combust of all those spontaneous applications... I'm not even sure how spontaneous they feel now, rather the opposite actually... -

it's good to get out and about. When you don't have the opportunity to do that oaa-thing and be an explorer of the Stockholm vicinities-never-seen-before, a simple walk in the woods nearby clears the mind and get things in perspective.

Breathing that fresh air, listening to the distant sound of traffic, really appreciating to live so close to a city that basically has all you can want for (sort of...) and still not having to live in middle of it all. Instead being able to live and enjoy the more rural parts of Stockholm's suburbs. I sure am lucky!

Yes contemplating life sure can be inspiring! Under the right circumstances. The only thing is, how to get all that inspiration, all those ideas of all different sorts and kinds to manifest themselves into an acceptable income? When I've figured that out, then I think I've finally solved the puzzle of being me, right here and now.

Needless to say, a walk in the woods never ever take place without a loaf-doggie named Malte. Today we had the opportunity to greet an exhausted runner, poor guy, I have no idea why he put himself through all that. He both sounded and looked like he was just about to drop dead on the spot. And what good would all that running do then?

I'm sure a brisk walk or a bikeride would do just as, if not more, good. Do I have to mention that running is definately my least prefered way of excercise, always have been, always will be. You'll never see me running the Stockholm marathon! The only reason for me running up and down the streets of Stockholm is for shopping's sake. Which most certainly must be considered the very highest and most developed form of excercise!

When we slanted across a parking lot on our way back from the walk I discovered a car that had been much favoured by the birds. For droppings. And I think the most intriguing question of the day, the most intellectual, the most profound question of today must be: why do birds so often chose a particular car to use as a lavatory? Has the owner/driver of that car done something to bring down the rage of birds? Is it of the wrong colour, the wrong brand? Perhaps it isn't birds doing the dropping but an evil-eyed neighbour?

So to continue on the birdly path, I'm listening to Bird Gerhl with Antony & The Johnsons from the album... I am a bird now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That photo is so beautiful! The more I read your blog the more I am convinced that one day I need to visit Sweden!

And by the way, I totally think shopping is the best form of cardio excercise.

Pia K said...

Yes of course you should!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...