Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rock the waves

It's not completely decided - who knows what might happened... - but still, in general terms, sometimes you get offers you can't refuse. Or perhaps shouldn't refuse, for various reasons. Though like most things, decisions are better made after some discussions, thoughts and a good night's sleep...

And isn't it silly, the first reaction is something like "wow, someone wants me for this!" accompanied by "but is it something I want?" - and then the little doubt-gnome whispers in your ear. And that occupational injury called too much, way too much, analyzing appears.

A bit of analyzing is good, but tend to be a bit too much too often, rather a rule than an exception in my case. Both when it comes to private matters as well as the occupational ones.

In my line of work that analyzing skill is quite a good thing, but still it tends to get too much everywhere and all the time. The one thing is that I actually used to be even more analyzing than I am now...

Talked things through with a friend, who's always excellent to discuss things with. One of my oldest and dearest friends - if one thinks these things are interesting we're both Scorpios. But still on one hand we're completely different on the other so very alike. I guess that's one of the reasons discussions with her almost always are interesting and put things in perspective. Or at least makes me think a lot and well, a n a l y z i n g the problem again, a bit more.

Another, perhaps more calming, way to think things through is doing that while knitting. That really soothes the soul and makes thoughts float more freely and in the end, hopefully, also clears them. A bit like sleeping while awake.

So that's what I'm going to do, with that lovely yarn in the picture. Handmade from the wool-scratch and handdyed as well, in South Africa. I just love these blue-green nuances! I've come to realise that I'm actually a rather blue-green person (when looking in my closet) - and I who have always thought I was a pink-red one. At least those are my favourite colours - so why am I so drawn to these sky and sea-colours? I'm not a sea-person, in fact I'm not keen on the sea, sailing and swimming at all!!

Yes, I am fascinated about it, but with more than a hint of horror. Who knows what dwells deep down there, in the cold, cold water and beyond the waves... So I do prefer to stay on dry land and I'm happy being a taking-long-showers-and-drinking-lots-of-water-person. Well, maybe the time has come to rock the waves? Of course in a very figurative way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...