Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Love is in the hair

Hairdressers must be one of the most inventive occupational group when it comes to naming their salons, don't you think? At least those who don't name them "Hair Salon"...

Love is in the hair is actually a salon in the suburbs of Stockholm, I have no idea how good hairdressers they are, but the name of the salon is kind of cool!

And today I've had a bit of love in my hair too, which is now sort of chestnutbrown-reddish. It had turned a bit too light in the holiday-sun and I felt like going red, again. And having a bit of a cut too - I wonder when it'll have the chance of growing longer again...

The haircare-products and their little friend to the right I didn't get today, but still they give good love to the hair. From the Australian brand Kusco-Murphy I've only tried a bit of the styling beach-hair before, with a gorgeous scent of cocoa-nut. Though I'm not sure what I think of the styling effect... But with a 50% off and a recommendation from a friend, I just had to try this freshener spray (for those days you really don't want to bother with the hair-washing...).

And I was on a look-out for an eyeliner, and 50% off selected colours from Nars, well home with me came Mame (grey with a hint of lavender). I have only tried it very briefly and found it a bit too pale for me, but hey, with a bit more effort and time perhaps it'll be just fine.

If you hadn't noticed yet, I'm a sucker for haircare-, skincare- and perfumes. And now and then, once in a while other beauty-products i e make-up. I try to keep the investment in the latter category kind of restricted, since I tend to "forget" using it... But the other essential categories, well, let's just say the bathroom cupboards, shelves, baskets are pretty full of them...

One thing with cutting the hair short is that you don't use as much conditioner as before. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not... I still like to try new ones, even if I have found the ultimate one years ago (Paul Mitchell The Detangler). Since you're not very prone to knots in a short hair, you're not that dependent on a d e t a n g l e r like before either.

And I do have a few bottles I have to use up. Use up before I was to invest in a brand new bottle - I had my eyes set on a really good one with olive-oil I tried in the African sun from Kiehl's - and I was going to be tough on myself. No new investment before all the old bottles had been used up! But...

Well, glancing into a hairdresser's (not the name-inventive one) I saw an offer I just simply couldn't refuse - buy a PM Detangler for only 170 SEK and get a bottle of PM Awapuhi shampoo (the champagne of shampoos!) for free!

So all my bottles in line for using has got a few new friends. I'm happy to say they don't seem to care that the crowded shelves and baskets have become a bit more crowded. They just stand there waiting really patiently to smell the (h)air and do good. Waiting for their turn to give a lotta love in the hair!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...