Sunday, December 31, 2006

best of 2006


I think the best way to approach this is to have some different kind of categories, like niceprice, well-worn etc, since every best buy, or experience, isn't (of course) the cheapest...

Best handbag: Dark pink (no way it's lavender!) Rosemary Mulberry (yes even though it sort of fell apart a bit and I had to wait a looong time for the mending and I didn't get any compensation for it...), my dearest Rosa. Who went with me almost everywhere all Summer. So stylish, so cute, so very Pia!!

Best outdoor garment: Pinkish trenchcoat, Kapp-Ahl. For once in a blue moon, both design, fit, colour AND a nice price go hand in hand.

Best cardigan: Darkgrey lambswool bow jacket, Odd Molly. So warm, so casual, so always right.

Best dress: Greenish blue patterned jersey wrapdress, Mongul. Such a lovely colour, model and flattering shape. Not to mention a very nice price. Bought at one of my favourite boutiques in Copenhagen (one of my favorite cities of course), Bella Anna. Where one always find fashion with a twist in decent materials at more than a decent price

Best shirt: pointelle longsleeved jersey, Odd Molly, three of them, in mustard yellow, brown and dark grey with white trimmings. Always comfy and cute!

Best shoes: Camouflage sneakers, Puma, at a discount. So very, very, VERY nice for my feet and kind of cute too

Best sale: Almost everything at Noa Noa, but an extra plus for that sweeter than sweet white cotton dress shirt with embroidery and a bunch of really comfy, all-year-wearable cotton vests

Best jewellery: well, apart from all my own then, I must say Heather Wynn's lovely, simple bird earrings. I really love the delicate design of lampwork and silver (even though I admit to not being completely satisfied with the soldering and the finish of parts. I feel they could have been more polished. On the other hand beauty can certainly be in that tad imperfection)

Best beauty product: Hm, a hard one... Since I'm in a generous mood I'll pick four;
* Lisens Organics Rose-scrub;
*
Bettina Barty Chocolate Showergel (can't beat that smell of chocolate in the shower!);
* Kiehl's Algae Mask (yes it actually do work and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. Not a nice price buy though...);
* Philosophy Kiss me lip balm (kissable, soft, plump, sligtly red but still natural lips. A slight minus for the sort of yukky scent...)

Best buys always: all books, all yarn, all pearls and semi-precious stones and all café-visits

Best dessert: Well, that has to be two; Ivôiredome pastry at Vetekatten and vanilla icecream with warm cherries in Lübeck...

Best coffee overall: ice latte, Baresso Copenhagen

Best coffee Sweden: caffe latte, Coffee Cup

Best drinks: Alex pavillion, Hamburg (on a hotter than hot July day overlooking the Alster lake)

Best book: Not technically from 2006, but read my yours truly during the past year. It has been a good reading year, in many ways, to name three of the truly great ones;
* Caipirinha with Death (Caiprinha med Döden), Maria Ernestam (oh what joy, what intriguing fantasy and such an enjoyable language in this well-written novel)
* A heaven for Ellott (En himmel för Elliott), Katarina Danielsson (less can really, remarkably be more)
* A widow for one year (Änka för ett år), John Irving (better late than never, it has been standing in my bookshelves for years... A huge fan of Irvings fantastic language and way of composing a truly remarkable story over and over again, I do think this book is one of his best)

Discovery of the year: those extra tiny socks you can wear even in sneakers and summer shoes without looking a complete and utter unstylish nerd (yeah, I know it isn't news for anyone else but me...)

That sort of sums up my shopping year. It was a nice one, 2006, in many aspects not only shoppingwise. Still, it would have been even better if I didn't have to say goodbye to it with the cold/flu of the century and greet 2007 with the same...

The huge, overwhelming questions this shivelling last day of 2006 are: how much snot can there be in one, tiny nose? How much cough can one throat bare? How long lasting can an ophthalmia be? And above all, how long should a normal kind of earinflammation last??

I WISH YOU ALL - especially you owned by a cat or two - A HAPPY & PROSPEROUS, NEW YEAR! MAY IT BE FILLED WITH EMPATHY & GOODWILL, GOOD FOOD FOR THOUGHT & LIKEWISE SHOPPING!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...