Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Too much of a perfect day just isn't good for you...

I was just browsing through all my pictures in order to find good enough ones for a brochure. Apparently I didn't have all that in the order I thought I had... But I did find som unexpected pics there, some really nice ones too. I found the perfect pic for next weekend WCB for example...

Anyway, I did say I would share the niceties I bought last Saturday - so here goes:

At the handicraft-fair:
- some lovely wool yarn in heather colours, for a long time planned crocheted shawl
- some new, interesting linen yarn with a hint of cotton (for the right shape when worn) in kakigreen
- some nice brass/silver details for jewellerymaking

- A big bag of cat food, Royal Canin-style - who said all shopping worth mention is the more superficial, but oh so essential, stuff?

- A couple of really comfy jersey plush indorrish kind of slacks, one grey one pink. They had them in brown and turquoise too, maybe I'll return for more... At a store I don't visit very often, its name beginning with a H and ending with a M. But sometimes you just can't beat their prices for the simpler things in life...

- A nice pair of pale beige coloured - I wonder how that solour will survive a long, hard, Nordic winter... - boots, Vagabond. One of my favourite shoe-brands. And a Swedish one too!

A very nice day shoppingwise!

Lunchwise it was utterly bad though. There's a Danish food-chain called Jensens Böfhus (ie Jensen's steakhouse) which has also opened restaurants in Sweden since a couple of years or so. Since I'm a veggie-girl (who sometimes cheats by eating fish...) I've never visit any of their establishments. But when it was pretty close to the parked car and Mats was eager to go for the meat (yuk) I gave in for once.

And once and never again it'll be. The grilled salmon I ordered was served with microwave pasta, both overcooked and dry and with a strange yellow colour, practically uneatable. Half a grilled tomatoe, only grilled on the upper side, raw inside. Two very small pieces of salmon, nicely grilled but nothing that will satisfy a normal apetite. And a cup of sauce of your own choice. For that kind of food I think the price of 109 SEK is quite hefty! Do I have to mention I'll never, ever, ever visit that place again...?

I suppose one shouldn't expect to have a good lunch too when having made all those nice findings shoppingwise. Too much of a perfect day just isn't good for you...

PS Siri helps me sort out the buys in the picture. Very helpful indeed! DS

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...