Friday, November 03, 2006

Oh happy days

Can anyone please explain how 2-6 weeks suddenly become 2-12 weeks? It's now been 5 weeks since dear Rosa went to England to be mended at the Mulberry factory, it was suppose to take 2-6 weeks. I've patiently waited for our reunion.

When I called today those 6 weeks at the most had suddenly turned into 12 weeks... Can't say I'm to impressed about the service, one should think that paying the prices - yes, for really excellent bags, no question about that! - one should get the finest of service when something is wrong with them. One doesn't, apparently...

The snow plus storm has hit Sweden and Stockholm. Winter is finally here, and it very promtly came on November 1st, sort of first day of "real Winter". I just love it!! At least if it wasn't for the fact that it's not only lots of fluffy, white snow but also a lot of cold, cold, nasty wind too - hard to believe it was only a few weeks ago one could wear short sleeves and be bare legged on the streets of Stockholm... And it was only a week ago I took this picture of sunflowers in late bloom...

Now one can really enjoy all those fantastic warm winterclothes, wool-cardigans, hats & caps, shawls & scarves, gloves & mittens - oh happy days!

One thing that really, rally, REALLY puzzles me every year when snow hits though, is the fact that NOONE working with public transportation or HARDLY NOONE driving a car remember that it most certainly will be snow in Sweden(use winter-tyres) and difficult to drive train, buses and cars. Hence the chaos in traffic - every year the same thing. For an average intelligent person this wouldn't come as a surprise and it's easy to be prepared...

I tend to see a pattern, I know it'll snow and I don't own or drive a car nor do I work with public transportation (just use it) - I draw the conclusion that I still have some sort of intelligence left in wintertime. The people above mention obviously don't. At least they don't now how to use it. So please, if you want to show off yourself like a sort of intelligent and reasonable human being, don't drive a car or work with public transportation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...