Sunday, October 29, 2006

Let the right one in

I've spent the last couple of days sleeping and cleaning up - this past week must have been exhausting for little ol' me, with many appointments. Yesterday I couldn't keep my eyes open after having breakfast. So that little nap turned into several hours of sleep...

But I haven't slept all weekend, I have managed to do some cleaning and baking the birthday cake for today's cake-party for the close family. Apart from the fact that it's rather nice to have guests now and then, it's also really nice to have a clean house - not to mention a real excuse TO actually clean the house...

So now I'm just enjoying the smell of soaps and freshness plus my brand new light loop in the livingroom. I've had one over the curtain pole ever since I moved in here 5 years ago - but they somehow don't seem to last that long and I think this is the 3rd or 4th of them. Very enjoyable and mood-creating while they last though!

The cake I made was one of my favourites, easy to make, sort of meringue with a twist. And very versitale. I'll share the recipe one of these days. But I think I'll have to add to the recipe next time, since I think it's kind of neat to have some extra cake for breakfast the next day... But I was conciderate enough to actually save some for a friend who's coming over with her little brit girl tomorrow, for a rendez-vous with one of my boys.

The boy being beautiful blue-white Rutger who, with his brother Rupert, shares birthday with me. And now being a bit shy due to the scary vacuum-cleaner and strangers coming to visit, hope he'll be calmer and more behaving from his lovely goody good side tomorrow!

I've also finished a really, really, REALLY good book. Actually a sort of horror book by a Swedish author, John Ajvide Lindqvist, about vampires and the difficulties of being a child in a world of bullies. The name of the book, his debute, is "Låt den rätte komma in" (Let the right one in).

Having finished this book I immediatelly began with the next one of the same author "Hanteringen av odöda" (The handling of the undead) - about zombies - and the right thing to do when you love someone - in Stockholm. So far, definately equally good...

So my neverending love-story with litterature continues... Who can live without them, books?!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...