Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Human nature

Can't say I'm too impressed by people's willingness to put their money on handmade one-off-jewellery or handknitted shawls in fine materials... Handicraft-fairs really isn't my cup of tea - and it sure doesn't help when others say "it's all a matter of time, I didn't sell anything my first four years here..." Who the hell has time and willingness to wait for that?! - but I still had rather a lovely time last weekend.

Well, perhaps not so much on Saturday, since the rain simply poured down very litterally over me. But it was fun to be able to do one of my favourite things a lot, observe the human nature and its behaviour. And with Sunday came a lot of Sun, hence the name.

But a lot of fresh air and socializing all day really claim ones due and as for Monday I think I spent a lot of the day in a horizontal mode. I suppose, I guess, if I could remember...

Today, Tuesday, I went and visited a kittybuyer and the cat of course. The cat now being a 10 year old beautiful and calm lady, spoiled rotten since her uncle/catfriend passed away six months ago. Doris is her name, of course of british shorthair breed and Luddkolt's origin. It was unfortunately so difficult to get her to pose and show her best side for the photographer though...

Apart from seeing Doris I was also invited for lunch, and what a lovely lunch it was! Potatoe & lentil soup with stylish garnish and a dessert cake to die for... We also had, as usual, though we see eachother only about once a year, a lovely talk. About this and that. Friends and foes.

Breeding and selling cats really is a very social thing, one meets a lot of nice, friendly people - as well as not so nice ones too of course, touch wood one doesn't have to sell them any cats at least! - some of them become friends for life, others friendly acquaintances and others just a-postcard-or-two-a-year kind of people.

But being friends for life with all the kittybuyers - ah well, that makes me tired all over. That would be exhausting and time-consuming way over my head. Too much socializing really isn't good for you, just stressful. Right now I'm just going to socialize myself down to a horizontal mode again, nighty night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...