Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I promised you some desserts, didn't I?






Since I have no sense of taste or smell right now - which I suppose is as good a reason as any not to take a shower or eat, imagine what wonders that would do to both my social life and my wasteline! - I thought I might at least enjoy pictures of yummy desserts. And share them with you of course, what kind of hostess would I be otherwise?

So from top to bottom, some of the desserts I or friends and family (yes, actually) during this long, warm Summer;

1. that simpe, but enjoyable Swedish waffle, served with whipped cream and your favourite kind of jam (mostly strawberry), at Café Fridhem (translates something like Café Peaceful Home), close to smalltown Flen, Sweden.

2. cardemom panacotta in applesoup with cranberries and a almondbiscuit, at Blidösunds värdshus, Norrtälje archipelago, Sweden.

3. a huge, perfect in taste and ingredients (spongecake, whipped cream, raspberry-jam, vanilla-cream and a topping of green marzipan) slice of the Swedish Prinsess-tårta (Princess-cake) at Café Lyran, Bredäng, a suburb of Stockholm. In fact the place where I spent the most of my childhood years, well not at the café, but in Bredäng.

4. a simple, but tasty sort of carrot-cake at Ekolsunds slotts värdshus summer café (boy, that was a long word for Ekolsunds Castle inn's summer café), Ekolsund, just beside the road between Enköping and Bålsta, Sweden.

5. the most amazing tasting, and simple, dessert of vanilla ice-cream and hot cherry sauce in a café in Lübeck - a pure spoonful of heaven!

Something to at least dream about, while I drink my applejuice and ponder about what's no use to try and eat right now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...