Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's been a long time


It's been a very long time since I last wrote something here... Basically I've been busy with life I suppose. And being the host of the ever growing Swedish cat-site Katter iFokus - www.katter.ifokus.se - and having a sort of blog there too (in Swedish) I do keep very busy...

Apart from that I also got the everyday life of figuring out what to put my energy into, what I want to do with my life from now on, jiggle my money around and put the little I have in that area nowadays in the very right place - which, even if you might think so, isn't always on a new, pricy handbag... (see picture above)

I actually have come so far in this figuring-ot-process that I have applied for my first job in ever so long, and this time not at all in the legal area - phew, I'm through with that for now! - but for an editorial position at a publishing house. It sounds so frightfully funny and interesting and even if I might not have the "right" education for it I most certainly have the right ambition and skills and would absolutely do a great job!!

Anyway, if I don't get it this time - and a slim chance it is to even get called for an inteview applying for a job from an advert in the paper in Stockholm these days... - it just wasn't THE job for me. I'm just glad I've come so far as to even look at job-adverts, think about applying for a job, updating my CV etc.

Apart from working with my sort of inner demons (very small ones, not always mean, but still I have them too) since I last wrote here, I've always managed to do some travelling to broaden my horizons. Very much enjoying new environments, people, sometimes really bad food, sometimes great food, shopping and sightseeing. Even if travelling is sort of exhausting too, and mostly costly, it sure is a fantastic way to clear your head from negative spiraling thoughts!

Over Christmas we went to the Azores - which you can read an article, only in Swedish, about at http://resor.ifokus.se - in April it was time for what have almost become an annual trip to wonderful Copenhagen (an article can also be found at Resor iFokus), in July we did a short trip by car down to Lübeck and Hamburg (yes articles about those cities can be found at Resor iFokus too)- Hamburg being one of my favourite cities ever, fantastic shopping and lots of things to see, experience, do and also great restaurants and cafés.

I planned for a weekend trip with a friend to Athens in September, but unless I get a really good income of some sort until then that's not going to happen... Our planned journey back to Miami and Key West is off too, since we plan for a journey to South Africa in the beginning of 2007 instead. That'll truly be an experience I believe!! And for Miami, well I guess I have to get my longing for returning there comforted by new episodes of "C.S.I: Miami"...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...