Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Yummy, yummy


Today I treated myself with a cake from the lovely little family-owned bakery Dalpojken (at Rörstrandsgatan in Stockholm). They have amongst other great cakes, buns, bread, cookies also Stockholm's best tasting "semla" (the superb Swedish special cream bun eaten during Lent)! But today I opted for the great tasting vanilla-butter wheat ring-shaped bunloaf. With a nice cuppa Yorkshire gold tea with milk - heavenly!

Although through the years I've become more and more intolerant, or rather my stomach that is, against dairy products and gluten, so in the end after having feasted on something like this I mostly have to pay for it....

I've recently done this horrible medical examination called gastroscopy (one of the absolute worst things I've ever done... But I'm really proud I managed to do it without sedatives or tranqualizers! It's rather quickly done but really awful to do...) and I hope I'll get some explanatory test-results this week.

I've been a vegetarian for ages, so I do eat healthy and varied, but now and then you really have to feast on something nice like sweets and desserts I think. An some desserts, or even bread, wheat, ice-cream etc can lead to quite a lot of pain in the end. It's not always easy to find a good substitue for wheat and other gluten-products, so it's sort of a constant battle.

Anyway, to top this day's blogging of is a nice picture of some lovely flowers I got this summer in one of my tea-cups. Tea is a big important thing in my life! Served in large cups with lots of milk...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...